Precision even in Unobserved Moments
In analytical routine laboratories, the concentration of solutions to a defined end volume is one of the most executed central tasks. But this process is also fraught with enormous potential for error. The solution for a reliable, reproducible evaporation with consistently high recovery rates is automation.
The FREESTYLE system with EVAporation module concentrates all types of organic solvents around the clock to a precise end volume between 5.0 mL and 0.2 mL, optional with solvent exchange. The end volume can be selected individually for each sample.
The calibration of the EVAporation chamber is done automatically with a simple mouse click in the software. This is especially valuable for certified laboratories.
Required for EVAporation:
- the robotic unit FREESTYLE BASIC
- the EVAporation module
- and possibly further modules in combination
Integrated in the EVAporation module are:
- Conically shaped EVAporation chamber for fast, low-loss and accurate evaporation
- Sensors for precise process controls
- Membrane pump with intelligent vacuum control
- Closed heating system for heating the evaporating flask
- Condensator for solvent recovery
Size choice of initial sample and end volume
- Sample volumes of up to 350 mL can be concentrated in one operation. The sample is sucked up in batches into the smaller high-performance EVAporator chamber using a vacuum. FREESYLE recognises when the entire sample has reached the vacuum chamber.
- Any volume of between 5.0 mL and 0.2 mL can be defined individually for each sample via software-controlled sensors. Consequently, samples with different end volumes can be mixed within one sample sequence.
- The results are precisely bottled or dispensed in aliquots concentrates, in free-selected glasses (e.g. closed GC vials).
The modules of the FREESTYLE system can be used individually or in combination. The required processing steps are selected in the software and integrated in the method. Hence intermediate steps are eliminated and processing chains within the sample preparation can be easily and reliably automated respectively a complete automation of the process is possible.
Commonly chosen combinations:
FREESTYLE BASIC combined with GPC- and EVAporation module for clean-up using gel permeation chromatography (i.e. for pesticide residue analysis, PAHs and Dioxins/PCB). Here, e.g. the GPC main fraction can be transferred into the EVAporation chamber online, where it will be concentrated.
FREESTYLE BASIC combined with SPE- und EVAporation module for the automation of SPE processes (i.e. environmental samples). Herewith, SPE eluates are eluted online into the chamber of the EVAporation module and concentrated.
FREESTYLE XANA combined with EVAporation module for the EVAporation after the SPE process for water samples from 1 L up to 10 L and filling of the prepared sample into a GC vial ready for the subsequent analysis.