The village Raitenhaslach was first mentioned in a catalogue of goods produced by the Church of Salzburg in 788. Cistercian monks founded the monastery Raitenhaslach in 1146. The monks lived there until 1802, when the closure of almost all monasteries in Bavaria had been ordered. Around half of the baroque buildings were demolished and the monastery church was converted into a parish church. From 1804 to 2003, the majority of the monastery site came into the private ownership of the Baumgartner brewer family. In 2003, the City of Burghausen acquired the majority of the site, while an entrepreneur purchased the traditional monastery restaurant in the following year
In the period up to 2011, several chairs of the Technical University of Munich/Germany (TUM) researched the structural condition of the building. Finally, the City of Burghausen signed an agreement with the Technical University of Munich in 2013, which allows the university to use the prelate's wing as a conference center for 25 years. From 2013 to 2016, the building has been carefully restored and equipped with state-of-the-art technology for future use. The official opening ceremony of the TUM Science & Study Center Raitenhaslach took place on June 4, 2016.
We are glad that the FoHP 2019 takes place at a location where the academic exchange at the highest level meets an appropriate cultural ambience.
Please find here detailed information about the location Raitenhaslach.